What you need to know:

  1. Find a Canadian lawyer who specializes in these transactions.
  2. Have a written agreement of purchase prepared by a Canadian lawyer.
  3. Provide two pieces of photo identification.
  4. Ensure that you will have public road access.
  5. If there are any household contents you want included in the transaction ensure to include them in your purchase agreement.
  6. You do not need to be in Thunder Bay for the closing. You can sign real estate documents where you lie and email or fax them to your Canadian lawyer.
  7. You can purchase in US funds, however a notional conversion must be done for the Deed.

Back to News & Insights