What you need to know:
- Find a Canadian lawyer who specializes in these transactions.
- Have a written agreement of purchase prepared by a Canadian lawyer.
- Provide two pieces of photo identification.
- Ensure that you will have public road access.
- If there are any household contents you want included in the transaction ensure to include them in your purchase agreement.
- You do not need to be in Thunder Bay for the closing. You can sign real estate documents where you lie and email or fax them to your Canadian lawyer.
- You can purchase in US funds, however a notional conversion must be done for the Deed.
Back to News & Insights